Land Board Submittals – 11/10/16
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: THURSDAY, November 10, 2016
TIME: 09:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
In some of the matters before the board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the board’s decision, then the board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made orally by the end of the meeting and followed up in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
- Approval of September 9, 2016 Minutes
- Approval of September 23, 2016 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request for Approval of Incidental Take License and Final Habitat Conservation Plan for Na Pua Makani Wind Energy Project by Applicants Na Pua Makani Power Partners, LLC and the former Champlin Hawaii Wind Holdings, LLC; Tax Map Key Nos. (1) 5-6-06:018 and (1) 5-6-08:006, Koolauloa District, Island of O‘ahu, Hawai‘i.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Amend Prior Board Action of April 22, 2016, Item D-1, After-the-Fact Issuance of Revocable Permit to Saim Caglayan and Maggie Lea, Lot 11-B Hanapepe Town Lots, 1st Series, Hanapepe, Waimea, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-9-005:053.
The purpose of the amendment is to authorize an after-the-fact holdover of General Lease No. S-5822 to Saim Caglayan and Maggie Lea for the period of October 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016, and to change the commencement date of the Revocable Permit previously approved to Katherine Enoka to the first day of the month to be determined by the Chairperson.
- Rescind Prior Board Action of August 12, 2016, Agenda Item D-1, Amend Prior Board Action of March 24, 2016, Agenda Item D-1, Preliminary Approval of Acquisition of Easements on Private Lands for Ko Road Rockfall Mitigation Project – Makai Section, Part Two, Eleele, Koloa, Kauai, Tax Map Keys: (4) 2-1-007:150, 151, 156, 157, 158 & 160 (portions).
Amend prior Board Action of March 24, 2016, Agenda Item D-3, Preliminary Approval of Acquisition of Easements on Private Lands for Ko Road Rockfall Mitigation Project – Makai Section, Part Two, Eleele, Koloa, Kauai, Tax Map Keys: (4) 2-1-007:150, 151, 156, 157, 158 & 160 (portions).
The purpose of this amendment is to add two (2) more parcels for the subject project, Tax Map Key Nos. (4) 2-1-007:159 & 161 (portions) and to correct a Tax Map Key reference in the prior Board action of March 24, 2016 from Tax Map Key No. (4) 2-1-007:0158 to (4) 2-1-007:158.
- Holdover of Revocable Permits for Water Use on the Islands of Hawaii and Kauai. See Exhibit 3 for list of Revocable Permits. (EXHIBIT 3 ATTACHED)
- Set Aside to the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife for Forestry and Wildlife Purposes and Issuance of an Immediate Management Right-of Entry; Honuaula, Makawao, Maui, Tax Map Key Nos: (2) 2-1-002:001, 009, 010, & 012 and (2) 2-1-004:075, & 110
- Approve Negotiated Development Agreement for Extension of General Lease No. S-4212, Ruby & Sons Hospitality, LLC, Lessee, Kamaole, South Kihei, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-9-004:029.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to the Association of Surfing Professionals (ASP) North America LLC , dba The World Surf League, for a Professional Women’s Tour Surf Event at Lipoa Point, Honolua, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-1-001: Portion of 010.
- Intentionally Left Blank
- Amend Prior Board Action of April 11, 2014, Item D-10; Issuance of Construction Right-of-Entry Permit to Department of Transportation for Highway Improvements Purposes, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Keys (1) 4-1-013: portions of 022 and 032, and (1) 4-1-018: portion of 052.
- Adoption of Report on Issuance of Direct Lease to Na Pua Makani Power Partners, LLC, Lessee, for Wind Power Project Purposes; Kahuku-Malaekahana, Koolauloa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 5-6-008:006
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Hawaiian Telcom Services Company, Inc. for Submarine Fiber Optic Telecommunication Cable Purposes and Issuance of Construction and Management Right-of-Entry on State Submerged Lands off Makaha, Waianae, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 8-4-001:seaward of 012
- Amend Prior Board Action of October 14, 2016, (Item D-13), Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-6660 to Wanda Nakoa and the Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Mary Nakoa to Serve Horse Paddock Purposes, Lualualei, Waianae, Oahu, Tax Map Key (1) 8-9-002:005.
- After-the-Fact Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display on Encumbered State lands off Ko Olina Beach on October 29, 2016, Honouliluli, Ewa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-057:seaward of 003.
- Set Aside of Various Properties on Island of Oahu to the Department of Agriculture for Agriculture Purposes Pursuant to Act 90, SLH 2003. See Exhibit A for List of Properties. (EXHIBIT A ATTACHED)
- Denial of Petitions for Contested Case Hearings filed on October 24, 2016 by (i) Makani Pono ‘o Kahuku, and (ii) Kahuku Community Association, Regarding Board Action of October 14, 2015, Agenda Item D-12, Issuance of Direct Lease to Na Pua Makani Power Partners, LLC, Lessee, for Wind Power Project Purposes; Kahuku-Malaekahana, Koolauloa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 5-6-008:006
E. STATE PARKS
- Approval to Continue Twenty-Seven (27) Revocable Permits for Use of and Activity on Division of State Parks Lands on the Islands of Kaua’i, O’ahu, Maui, and Hawai’i (see ATTACHED Exhibit B).
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Go Holoholo, Inc. dba Millwood Ohana Productions, for Use of the Nutridge House and Grounds as a Pilot Project for Operating a Venue for Commercial and Community Events, Pu‘u ‘Ualaka‘a State Wayside, Opu, Makiki, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-5-019:004 (Portion).
F. DIVISION OF AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval for the DAR Administrator to Enter Into A Memorandum of Agreement with the University of Hawaii for Access to Confidential Fisheries Information for Fisheries Management Purposes and to Delegate Signatory Authority to the DAR Administrator for any Future Fisheries Data Agreements with the University of Hawaii or Other Government Agencies.
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Request Approval for Cancellation of the Offshore Mooring Permit Issued to Sarah MacInnes Located at Keauhou Bay Small Boat Harbor, Keauhou Bay, Hawaii, and Issuance of the Offshore Mooring Permit to the Next Qualified Applicant on the Waitlist.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit (RP) to Atlantis Submarines Hawaii, LLC to Operate Submarine Tours and Other Maritime Related Activities at the Honokohau Small Boat Harbor, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii Tax Map Key: (3) 7-4-008-003.
- Authorization for Hiring Consultant(s)/Vendor(s) for Development/Replacement of Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation Property Management; Vessel Registration; and Accounts Receivable/Harbor Management Systems.
- Declare Project Exempt from the Preparation of an Environmental Assessment Under Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Rules, Kikiaola Light Draft Harbor Maintenance Dredging Kekaha, Kauai, Hawaii.
- Declare Project Exempt from Preparation of an Environmental Assessment Under Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Rules, South Kawaihae Small Boat Harbor Channel Marker Buoys Kawaihae, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii.
- Declare Project Exempt from Preparation of an Environmental Assessment Under Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Rules, Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki (HPHW) Porte-Cochere Improvements, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii.
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) HA-3773 Regarding the NEC Corporation of America Proposed Undersea Fiber Optic Cable Landing Project, Located in the Waianae District, Island of Oahu, on submerged lands seaward of Tax Map Keys: (1) 8-4-002:059 and (1) 8-4-001:012.
- Time Extension Request for Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) HA-3599 by Douglas Goehring for a Single Family Residence and Related Improvements Located at Kolekole Gulch, Wailea, North Hilo, Hawai‘i, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-9-003:003
- Delegation of Authority to the Chairperson to Approve, Procure and Enter Construction Contracts for Projects at Iao Valley State Monument to Remediate Conditions Caused by the Heavy Rainfall and Extensive Flooding on September 11-14, 2016.
- Resubmittal-Direct Issuance of a Parking Concession to ABM On-Site Services – West, Inc., Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 001 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Field Office, Mitsunaga & Associates, Inc., Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 001 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable for an Administrative Office, Nordic PCL Construction, Inc., Diamond Head Extension, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 042 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Field Office, R. M. Towill Corporation, Diamond Head Concourse, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 65 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Passenger Check-In, Hawaiian Airlines, Inc., Inter-Island Terminal, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 073 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Rental Car Vehicles Overflow Parking, The Hertz Corporation, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: 1-1-04: 014.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Rental Car Vehicles Overflow Parking, EAN Holdings, LLC dba Enterprise Rent A Car, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-04: 015, 1-1-04: 017, and 1-1-04: 018.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Resource Mapping Hawaii, LLC, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1 1-1-76: Portion of 23.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Hangar Facility for Commercial Helicopter Operations, Helicopter Consultants of Maui, LLC, Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-01: Portion of 19.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Safari Aviation, Inc., Hilo International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-12: Portion of 90.
- Issuance of a Hangar Facility lease by Public Auction, Waimea-Kohala Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-7-0001: Portion of 08.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a T-Hangar for Storage and Maintenance of Aircraft, William Wilton, Kona International Airport at Keahole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-43: Portion of 40.
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:45 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings/
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (i.e., large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.
The Sunshine Law gives the public the opportunity to submit testimony but it is your responsibility to submit written testimony in a timely manner. To give Board members sufficient time to consider written testimony, please submit the testimony no later than 24 hours prior to the board meeting.
Any late written testimony will be retained as a part of the record, but we cannot assure that Board members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.