Land Board Submittals – 2/25/22
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, February 25, 2022
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
LOCATION: Online via ZOOM, Livestream via YouTube
Considering the evolving COVID-19 situation, protecting the health and welfare of the community is of utmost concern. As such, the meeting will be held remotely, with board members, staff, applicants, and testifiers participating via an online meeting venue.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting at:
The meeting will be livestreamed at:
To provide Oral Testimony by Telephone:
Dial: +1 (346) 248 7799
At the prompts, enter: Meeting ID: 839 0979 1405# Passcode: 452021#
Note: To unmute, press *6.
To provide Video Testimony by ZOOM:
Send your request via email to [email protected] and clearly identify the agenda item on which you would like to testify. Once your request has been received, you will receive an email with the Zoom link. Requests may be made during the meeting and will be processed as soon as practicable.
To provide Written Testimony by Mail or E-Mail:
Interested persons can submit written testimony in advance of each meeting that will be distributed to Board Members prior to the meeting. Submit written testimony to [email protected] or via postal mail to the Board of Land and Natural Resources at P.O. Box 621, Honolulu, Hawaii 96809. Written testimony that is received later than 24-hours prior to the meeting will be retained as part of the record and distributed to Board Members as soon as practicable, but we cannot ensure that Board Members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised, Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
Individuals requiring special assistance or auxiliary aids or services (e.g., sign language interpreter), please contact staff at least 72-hours prior to the meeting at 808.587.0404 so that arrangements can be made.
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
C. DIVISION OF FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
1. Request for Approval to Enter into a Five-year Cooperative Game Development and Management Agreement with Lānaʻi Resorts, LLC dba Pulama Lānaʻi and the Department of Land and Natural Resources for the purpose of maintaining public hunting areas and Approval to Extend by Mutual Agreement of the parties.
D. LAND DIVISION
1. Lessee’s Request for a Six-Month Rent Payment Adjustment under General Lease No. S-5844, WHR LLC, Lessee, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-001:012 and 2-1-005:013, 016, 017, 027, 032, 046
2. Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit for Access Purposes to County of Hawaii, Department of Public Works on Lands Encumbered by GL S-5335, Hilo Baptist Church, Lessee, Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-4-056:027.
3. Consent to Stock Purchase Agreement Regarding General Lease No. S-5564 between The John M. Leary Revocable Trust dated April 15, 1995, Seller, and Allen Evans and Ryan Evans, Buyer; Island Demo, Inc., Lessee, Moanalua, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-064:007.
F. DIVISION OF AQUATIC RESOUCES
2. Request for Approval to Hold Public Hearings to Adopt a New Chapter Under Hawaii Administrative Rules (“HAR”) as Title 13 Chapter 60.XX, Miloliʻi Community-Based Subsistence Fishing Area, Hawaiʻi, to Manage and Protect Fish Stocks and to Reaffirm Traditional and Customary Native Hawaiian Subsistence Fishing Practices Along the Southwest Coast of Hawaiʻi Island [Testimony]
The proposed rules can be reviewed in person, by appointment only, at the Division of Aquatic Resources (DAR) office on Oahu at 1151 Punchbowl St. Room 330, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813 from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday, except Holidays. To schedule an appointment to review the proposed rules in person, email [email protected].
The proposed rules, including a statement on the topic of the proposed rules, can be reviewed online at:
The proposed rules can also be viewed online at:
J. DIVISION OF BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
2. Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Secure Parking LLC, for Management of Vehicular Parking in the Designated Areas Located Within the Maalaea Small Boat Harbor, Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii, Identified by Tax Map Keys: (2) 3-6-001:002 (por) and (2) 3-8-014:028; and
3. NON-ACTION ITEM: Briefing of the Board of Land and Natural Resources regarding commercial use of the Mala Wharf launch ramp area, Maui. [Testimony]
1. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a T-Hangar for the Storage and Maintenance of Aircraft in Support of a Commercial Aeronautical Maintenance Business, Mid Pacific Aero Services LLC, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-76: Portion of 021.
3. Issuance of a Facilities Lease for Administrative Purposes, U.S. General Services Administration on Behalf of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-03: Portion of 040.
5. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Commercial Use of a T-Hangar for Storage of Aircraft and a Maintenance Hangar, Helicopter Consultants of Maui, LLC, Hilo International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-12: Portion of 009.
6. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Commercial Use of a T-Hangar for Storage of Aircraft and a Maintenance Hangar, Manuiwa Airways Incorporated, Hilo International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-12: Portion of 009.
7. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Commercial Use of a T-Hangar for Storage and Maintenance of Aircraft and an End Room for a Maintenance Office and Storage, Safari Aviation, Inc., Hilo International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-12: Portion of 009.
10. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Space in the Commuter Terminal to Place a Desk and Two Vehicle Parking Stalls for Fixed-Wing Air Tour Operations, Aloha Helicopter Tours LLC dba Alii Air Tours and Charters, Lihue Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-001: Portion of 147.
11. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Commercial Use of a T-Hangar for Storage of Aircraft and a Maintenance Hangar, Aloha Helicopter Tours LLC, Lihue Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-01: Portion of 08.
14. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Commercial Use of a T-Hangar for Storage of Aircraft and a Maintenance Hangar, Helicopter Consultants of Maui, LLC, Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-01: Portion of 195.
16. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a T-Hangar for Storage and Maintenance of Aircraft and End Rooms for Parts and Equipment Storage, Mana Kai Flying LLC, Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-01: Portion of 195.
17. Issuance of a Month-to-Month Revocable Permit to Toell U.S.A. Corporation, for Material and Dry Goods Storage, Shipping and Receivables, to support its current facility operations under Harbor Lease No. H-18-62, Pier 23, Honolulu Harbor, Island of Oahu, Tax Map Key Nos. (1) 1-5-039: Portion of 022 and (1) 1-5-039: Portion of 050, Governor’s Executive Order No. 2903.
18. Request Consent to Issue a Revocable Permit under Governor’s Executive Order No. 3688 to be under the control and management of the Division of State Parks, Department of Land and Natural Resources, State of Hawaii, concurrently and jointly with the “Diamond Head Reservation” s managed under the jurisdiction of the Department of Defense, State of Hawaii to the American Red Cross Hawaii State Chapter and the City and County of Honolulu, Department of Emergency Management to assist the community when Natural or man-cause disasters threaten or occur anywhere in the State of Hawaii. Island of Oahu, Honolulu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-1-042: Portions of 006.