Land Board Submittals – 08/11/23
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: August 11, 2023
TIME: 9:15 A.M.
LOCATION: In person at 1151 Punchbowl St. Room 132
Online via ZOOM, Livestream via YouTube
Board members, staff, applicants, and testifiers can choose to participate either in-person, via ZOOM or by telephone. Members of the public are encouraged to wear a mask if attending in-person.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting at:
The meeting will be livestreamed at:
To provide in person testimony (Please wear a mask):
Attend live at 1151 Punchbowl St. Room 132 (Kalanimoku Building), Honolulu, Hawaii
To provide video testimony:
Send your request to [email protected]
Include your name and the agenda item on which you would like to testify. Once your request has been received, you will receive an email with the Zoom link. Requests may be made during the meeting.
To provide oral testimony by telephone please text (808) 296-1197 and identify the Item you wish to provide testimony on prior to calling in (this will allow identification when you are placed in the ZOOM waiting room :
|August 11, 2023|
|Dial: +1 669 444-9171
At the prompts, enter:
Meeting ID: 825 1135 6842
Note: To unmute, press *6.
We ask that members of the public testifying on agenda items limit your testimony to three minutes so that we can get to everyone.
Interested persons can submit written testimony in advance of each meeting that will be distributed to Board Members prior to the meeting. Submit written testimony to [email protected] or via postal mail to the Board of Land and Natural Resources at P.O. Box 621, Honolulu, Hawaii 96809. We request written testimony be submitted no later than 24 hours prior to the meeting to ensure time for Board Member review. Late written testimony will be retained as part of the record and distributed to Board Members as soon as practicable, but we cannot ensure that Board Members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised, Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
Individuals requiring special assistance or auxiliary aids or services (e.g., sign language interpreter), please contact staff at least 72 hours prior to the meeting at 808.587.0404 so that arrangements can be made.
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
NOTE: Agenda Items may be taken out of order.
- Item C-2, Withdrawn (8/7/23)
- Item M-11, Withdrawn (8/7/23)
C. DIVISION OF FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
Request Delegation of Authority to the Chairperson to Accept Transfer of Funds for the Pouhala Marsh Restoration and Enhancement project, Tax Map Keys: 9-3-01:2, 9-3-01:4, 9-3-01:6, 9-3-01:12 (portions), in the Ewa District on the Island of Oahu: and Request Delegation of Authority to the Chairperson to Procure, Award, and Enter into Professional Service Consultant and Construction contracts for Implementation of the Pouhala Marsh Restoration and Enhancement Project, Phase I and II. [Withdrawn – 8/7/23]
3. Request for Approval to Initiate Rulemaking proceedings, including Conducting Public Hearings on Proposed Amendments to and compiling of Hawaii Administrative Rules Title 13, Chapter 109, regarding Rules for Establishing Forest Stewardship.
The proposed rule amendments can be reviewed in person, by appointment only, at the Division of Forestry and Wildlife office on O‘ahu at 1151 Punchbowl St. Room 325, Honolulu, Hawai‘i 96813 from 7:45 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, except Holidays. To schedule an appointment to review the proposed rules in person, email [email protected]
The proposed rules can be viewed online at: https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/dofaw/rules/.
Request for Delegation of Authority to the Chairperson to: 1) Approve any further Amendments to the Forest Stewardship Program handbook and Hold Down Rates for Cost-Sharing related to Forest Management Practices, as allowed by law; 2) Approve Forest Stewardship Management Plans and Cost-Share Reimbursement for Plan Development, as recommended for Approval by the Forest Stewardship Advisory Committee (FSAC); 3) Approve, Administer, Modify, and/or Extend Forest Stewardship Program Implementation Agreements with a total value of less than $500,000; and 4) Approve Members to serve on the Forest Stewardship Advisory Committee and Authorize membership and terms.
D. LAND DIVISION
2. Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Na Wahine O Ke Kai, for Five (5) Annual Canoe Race Start Events to be held in the Month of September from 2023 to 2027; Hale O Lono, Kaluakoi, Molokai, Tax Map Key (2) 5-1-002: 012 por.
3. Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit for Ten (10) Days to Na Wahine O Ke Kai for the Finish Area of the Na Wahine O Ke Kai Women’s Molokai to Oahu Outrigger Canoe Race to Take Place Over Two Days Each Year in September 2023, September 2024, September 2025, September 2026, and September 2027, at Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key:(1) 2-3-037: portion of 021.
6. Termination of Right-of-Entry Permit No, 4519 Issued to the City and County of Honolulu for Homeless Outreach and Navigation for Unsheltered Person Program Purposes; (2) Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order No. 3461; (3) Reset Aside to the Department of Human Services for Temporary Transitional Housing Site Purposes; (4) Issuance of Immediate Right-of-Entry Permit to the Department of Human Services and Housing Providers of Hawaii, Inc. dba Home Aid Hawaii; and (5) Authorize the Department of Human Services to Execute a Lease or Similar Land Disposition Document with the Housing Providers of Hawaii, Inc. dba Home Aid Hawaii pursuant to Section 171-43.1, Hawaii Revised Statutes for Temporary Transitional Housing Site Purposes, Kahauiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-006:003.
7. Termination of Revocable Permit Nos. S-7407, S-7444 and S-7613 to Coco Palms Ventures LLC, Permittee, Effective December 31, 2023, Wailua, Kawaihau, Kauai, Tax Map Keys: (4) 4-1-003:044, (4) 4-1-003:017 and (4) 4-1-005:por. 017.[Testimony]
J. DIVISION OF BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
1. Continuation of Revocable Permit Issued to Secure Parking Hawaii LLC, dba Concierge Car Wash and Traffic Monitoring Services, for Management of Vehicular Parking in the Designated Areas Located Within the Ala Wai Small Boat Harbor, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, Identified by Tax Map Keys: (1) 2-6-010:003 (Portion), (1) 2-3-037:012 (Portion), :024, :027, :033, :035 and :037; andTestimony]
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
1. Time Extension Request for Conservation District Use Permit OA-3879 for a Telecommunications Facility by Verizon Wireless Located at 1160 Koʻohoʻo Place, Kaʻōhao, Koʻolau Poko, Oʻahu, Tax Map Keys: (1) 4-3-005:068 & 070.
2. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Facilities to Operate, Maintain and Manage the Intra-Airport Passenger Transportation System, Speedishuttle, LLC , Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: Portion of 001.
3. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Use of a T-Hangar for Storage and Maintenance of a Personal Aircraft, The Affordable Casket Outlet, L.L.C., Kalaeloa Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-013: Portion of 032.
4. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Passenger Check-In Counters to Support Porter Service Operations, Primeflight Aviation Services, Inc., dba Primeflight of DE, Inc., Hilo International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-012: Portion of 009.
6. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Terminal Space for Vehicle Parking to Support Fixed-Base Operations, Signature Flight Support LLC, Hilo International Airport, Tax Map Key (3) 2-1-012: Portion of 009.
7. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Ramp Space to Install a Modular Office Unit for Signatory Airline Operations, Air Canada, Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keahole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-043: Portion of 003.
8. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a T-Hangar for the Storage and Maintenance of a Private Aircraft, Boundless Aviation LLC, Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keahole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-043: Portion of 003.
9. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Vehicle Parking for Cargo Operations, Federal Express Corporation, Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keahole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-043: Portion of 003.
10. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Hangar and Improved, Paved Land to Support Part 135 Helicopter On-Demand Air Service and Part 133 Class A Utility Work Operations, Safari Aviation, Inc., Waimea-Kohala Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-7-001: Portion of 008.
Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Commercial Use of a T-Hangar for Storage and Maintenance of Two Aircraft in Support of a Commercial Aeronautical Gyrocopter Flight Instruction Business, Gyrocopters Hawaii LLC dba Skyland Air, Kawaihapai Airfield, Waialua, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (1) -8-014:017 (Portion). [Withdrawn – 8/7/23)
12. Request for Authorization to Issue a Month-to Month Revocable Permit (RP) to the State of Hawaii Department of Accounting and General Services (DAGS) for Employee Vehicle Parking, adjacent to Pier 2, Honolulu Harbor, Island of Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-1-015: Portion of 009, Governor’s Executive Order No. 4238.
13. Request for Authorization to Issue a Month-to-Month Revocable Permit (RP) to Aloha Petroleum LLC, for Storage of Dock Hoses, Forklift, and a Portable Toilet, situated at Kalaeloa Barbers Point Harbor (KBPH), Island of Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-014: Portion of 024, Governors Executive Order No. 3383.