Becoming A Natural Area Partner

If you are interested in proposing your land for the Natural Area Partnership Program please see the Do I Qualify page.

Note that in addition to matching fund requirements the NAPP generally requires the land be protected by a Conservation Easement. There are various sources of information on Conservation Easements online, and organizations such as land trusts can also provide information. Land Trust organizations are active in Hawai‘i, with some focused on individual locations or islands, and others statewide. Before proposing a NAPP project, please research whether the conservation easement requirement, as well as the matching funds requirement can be met.

If you have read through the Do I Qualify page and believe you do, please fill out the Preliminary Proposal. You may refer to the Sample Proposal for guidance when filling out the form.

Send Preliminary Proposal to:

Executive Secretary
Natural Area Reserve System Commission
1151 Punchbowl St. Rm. 325
Honolulu, HI 96813

For any questions call:

  • Native Ecosystems Program Manager at (808) 587-0054
  • Natural Area Reserves System Commission Exectutive Secretary at (808) 587-0063