Your search found 766 hits
- Kaulunani Urban and Community Forestry Program Call For 2018 Grant Proposals(HONOLULU) Do you know a school, community group or non-profit organization that cares about greening our environment? Funding is available to help get your project off the ground. The Department of Land and Natural Resources’ Kaulunani Urban and Community Forestry Program announces a call for statewide grant applications with new and expanded opportunities for projects that support urban and community forestry.
- PlanningResource land acquisition plans and priorities in the State of Hawai‘i State plans, county plans, and other projects that indicate priorities or policies for the acquisition of lands for the purpose of resource protection are listed below. County Plans & Priorities (listed by county) State Plans & Priorities (listed by State agency) Other Plans & […]
- ReportsThe following reports are in pdf format. Approximate file size is noted if 1 MB or greater. Reports to the Legislature Findings and recommendations of effectiveness of the West Hawai‘i Regional Fishery Management Area. A report prepared by the DLNR in response to Hawai‘i Revised Statutes §188F-5, November 2019. (4.7 MB) A report on the […]
- 02/15/19-RECOGNITION FOR INVASIVE SPECIES ‘MOST VALUABLE PLAYERS’ (Honolulu) – During a ceremony today at the Hawai‘i State Capitol, Governor David Ige proclaimed February as Hawai‘i Invasive Species Month. This long-standing recognition is intended to bring additional attention to the issue of invasive species. Simultaneously five individuals and four organizations were recognized by the Governor and legislative leaders as Hawai‘i Invasive Species Committee Most Valuable Players for 2019.
- 08/20/18 – WILDFIRE LOOKOUT! CAMPAIGN ENTERS ITS THIRD YEAR(HONOLULU) – More than 30 government and non-government organizations from across the state launched the 2018 Wildfire LOOKOUT! campaign this week to raise awareness about the threat of wildfire to Hawaii’s natural resources as well as private and public property. This comes on the heels of a series of wildfires across the state over the past few weeks.
- 2013 Hawaii Invasive Species Awareness Week2013 Hawaii Invasive Species Awareness Week The first Hawaii Invasive Species Awareness Week (HISAW) was held March 4-8, 2013 and was planned to coincide with National Invasive Species Awareness Week. Events for the 2013 HISAW included a kick-off event at the State Capitol, a Governor’s Proclamation, HISC Awards, a statewide BioBlitz to connect individuals with […]
- Links BALLAST WATER REPORTING NBIC Reporting https://invasions.si.edu/ballastwater/auth/login NBIC Information of Submitting https://nbic.si.edu/submit/ BALLAST WATER MANAGEMENT IMO Ballast Water Management http://www.imo.org/en/MediaCentre/HotTopics/BWM/Pages/default.aspx United States Coast Guard Ballast Water Frequently Asked Questions https://www.dco.uscg.mil/Portals/9/MSC/BWMS/Ballast_Water_FAQs.pdf?ver=2018-06-06-123015-850 United States Coast Guard Ballast Water Management https://www.dco.uscg.mil/Our-Organization/Assistant-Commandant-for-Prevention-Policy-CG-5P/Commercial-Regulations-standards-CG-5PS/Marine-Safety-Center-MSC/Ballast-Water/ Shipboard Technology Evaluation Program https://www.dco.uscg.mil/Our-Organization/Assistant-Commandant-for-Prevention-Policy-CG-5P/Commercial-Regulations-standards-CG-5PS/Office-of-Operating-and-Environmental-Standards/Environmental-Standards/STEP/ Ballast Water Regulations and Policy https://www.dco.uscg.mil/Our-Organization/Assistant-Commandant-for-Prevention-Policy-CG-5P/Commercial-Regulations-standards-CG-5PS/Office-of-Operating-and-Environmental-Standards/Environmental-Standards/BW-Regs-and-Policy/ BIOFOULING MANAGEMENT […]
- Downed Wildlife Contact DetailsKaua’i Type of Facility Species Organization Primary Contact State All native species Kaua‘i Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DOFAW) (808) 274- 3433 (808) 632- 0610 (808) 645- 1576 Licensed rehabber, see website for drop off locations All native species Save our Shearwaters, Kauaʻi Humane Society (808) 635- 5117 O’ahu Type of Facility Drop Off Information […]
- Injurious WildlifeRegulation Under statutory authorities provided by Chapter 183D, Hawaii Revised Statutes, the Department of Land and Natural Resources maintains Hawaii Administrative Rules Chapter 124, which defines “injurious wildlife” as “any species or subspecies of animal except game birds and game mammals which is known to be harmful to agriculture, aquaculture, indigenous wildlife or plants, or constitute a nuisance […]
- Recognition for Invasive Species ‘Most Valuable Players’DEPARTMENT OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES News Release DAVID Y. IGE GOVERNOR SUZANNE D. CASE CHAIRPERSON For Immediate News Release: February 15, 2019 RECOGNITION FOR INVASIVE SPECIES ‘MOST VALUABLE PLAYERS’ Governor Proclaims Hawai‘i Invasive Species Month (Honolulu) – During a ceremony today at the Hawai‘i State Capitol, Governor David Ige proclaimed February as Hawai‘i Invasive […]