Your search found 460 hits
- DOCARE Officers Bust Repeat Offender For Lay Net Violation(Honolulu) – On Thursday, officers from the DLNR Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement (DOCARE) were on routine patrol in windward O‘ahu when they observed a lay net violation in progress. This was on Kawa Stream, just makai of the Kahana Bridge.
- Latest Net And Fishing Violations Reported Via DLNR Tip App; Application Used to Report Suspected Illegal Activity at Kahana(HONOLULU) – Two men received citations from DLNR Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement (DOCARE) officers on March 30th at Kahana Bay on O‘ahu’s windward coast.
- Honolulu Fisherman Fined $250 for Throw Net ViolationHONOLULU –A state Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement (DOCARE) officer cited a fisherman for using a throw net with mesh of less than two inches in waters off Aina Haina on Feb. 5. The officer spotted the man fishing with a throw net from shore while on routine patrol.
- Conservation Officer Confiscates Boat, Net and Undersized FishHonolulu – A DLNR Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement Officer (DOCARE), on routine patrol Sunday morning, cited a Windward Oahu resident for having dozens of undersized fish. This resulted in not only the fish being confiscated for evidence, but also the fisher’s 16-foot skiff and 3500 feet of net.
- 08/31/16 – The World Conservation Congress Hawai‘i-Pacific Pavilion — Learning, Sharing, NetworkDEPARTMENT OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES DAVID Y. IGE GOVERNOR SUZANNE D. CASE CHAIRPERSON MEDIA ADVISORY THE WORLD CONSERVATION CONGRESS HAWAI‘I-PACIFIC PAVILION — LEARNING, SHARING, NETWORKING WHAT: DLNR and numerous partners are preparing and hosting the Hawai‘i-Pacific Pavilion that will include public exhibits, information, performances, etc., during the entirety of the IUCN World Conservation Congress 2016. […]
- Gear RestrictionsThrownets Minimum size 2 inch stretched mesh. Possession of thrownets with mesh size less than 2 inches in or near the water where fish may be taken is unlawful. Unlawful to sell thrownets with mesh size less than 2 inches. HAR 13-75 Gill, draw, drag or seine, or other nets Minimum size for nets generally […]
- West Hawai‘i Regional Fishery Management AreaHAR 13-60.4 Location The West Hawai‘i Regional Fishery Management Area (FMA) extends along the west coast of the Island of Hawaii from Ka Lae, Ka‘ū (South Point) to ‘Upolu Point, North Kohala, and from the highwater mark on shore seaward to the limit of the State’s management authority. It includes Fish Replenishment Areas and Netting […]
- 08/20/20-MARINE DEBRIS CLEANUPS SUCCESSFUL THANKS TO COMMUNITY EFFORTS(Kona) - Last week, the DLNR Divisions of Aquatic Resources (DAR), State Parks (SP), the Hawai‘i Wildlife Fund, local businesses, and members of the community, conducted two separate marine debris cleanups in West Hawai‘i.
- Kailua BayHAR 13-52 Location The Kailua Bay Fisheries Management Area includes that portion of Kailua Bay enclosed by a straight line drawn from Kūkā‘ilimoku Point to the seawall of the Royal Kona Resort. A line from the northern edge of the channel at “Thurston Point” to the corner (“Wīhā Point”) south of Hulihe‘e Palace and north […]
- Kaunakakai Harbor, Moloka’iHAR 13-56 Location Kaunakakai Harbor is located on the southern coast of the island of Molokai. As shown in the map, portions of the commercial harbor designated “Area 1A” and “Area 1B” are separated by a line extending from the Channel Range Lights, and portions of the small craft harbor are designated “Area 2”. Permitted […]